Thursday, April 11, 2013

An Introduction

 My love for all things Irish started at the age of 13 when I picked up my first Nora Roberts book titled, Jewels of the Sun. It was, being a Nora Roberts book, a romance set in the Irish countryside. I have never forgotten the way she described the beautiful, lush countryside and from that point on my fate was sealed: I was obsessed with Ireland.

This is the image I had in my head after reading Jewels of the Sun.
My obsession only grew stronger as I found Irish singing groups. I first stumbled upon the all-female group Celtic Women which led  me to Celtic Thunder, their male equivalent. I have all of Celtic Thunder's CD's and have seen them in concert several times. I admit that I have a small crush on the youngest member, Damian McGinty who is only a few months my senior.

The cover of Celtic Thunder's self-titled debut CD.
Celtic Thunder singing "Heartland"

I can't remember where I first heard this blessing, but it seems appropriate:

May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow, 
and may trouble avoid you wherever you go.
~Lea
               

Next time: My recent trip to Ireland. (I promise the blog will be longer)

No comments:

Post a Comment