Thursday, May 2, 2013

My Time in Dublin


As a college student, Spring Break is a highly anticipated event every year; a week of no classes, a week to catch up on sleep, a week to relax and unwind. This year during my Spring Break I traveled to the UK with a school group. We spent time in Scotland, England, and Ireland, and while I could go on and on about all three countries, this blog deals with Ireland, so I will focus my attention on our two days in Dublin.

We arrived in Dublin on Sunday, March 17th which, if you remember, was St. Patrick’s Day. The city was packed with people all wearing green and everyone was celebrating. The following clip is some video I got of the crazy atmosphere. (I apologize for the poor quality; I am an amateur when it comes to videography. Also, the clip is so short because my camera died, again, apologies.)

 

Our first day in Dublin was spent roaming the streets and taking in the sights. As someone who had never been out of the United States, I was awed and slightly overwhelmed by all the different sights. On our second, and last, day in the country, we enjoyed a guided bus tour of the city, with stops at St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Phoenix Park. I will talk more about them in another blog.
 
My time in Ireland was too short. Next time I go, and there will be a next time, I plan on seeing more of the amazing country.
 
May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow,
and may trouble avoid you wherever you go.

~Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment